Followers

Thursday 5 May 2011

MOTHER'S DAY



We have not come into the world to be numbered;
we have been created for a purpose; for great things:
to love and be loved.


–Mother Teresa

Growing up, I always knew the most important thing that would ever happen in my life would be to become a mother. This didn’t happen. All of a sudden, I went from being in my twenties to a woman over fifty, and felt I had this terrible void in my life. Each and every day of my life, I thought of how my dream hadn’t been realized and always the “Why me?” came up. Had I failed?

My mother was truly a gift to the world. She always smiled and was happy whether we had money or not. Somehow, she always pulled things together for our family. She taught us that our thoughts were as important as our actions. Being a young child, I don’t think that I quite understood what she meant. I wanted to be just like her—always loving, giving, contributing, and helpful.

Mom was from an immigrant family from Russia that had many hardships during their life, and yet she never looked at it that way. She always spoke of the experiences they had and consistently found goodness in everything. The Depression came along when she was a young child, then World War II. She met my father in Hollywood during the war, and they married after twelve dates and remained married until her death fifty-plus years later.

The void wouldn’t go away as many of my friends started having children. As I watched them grow, it hurt so much inside. My friends and family have been wonderful and shared many of their children’s special times with my husband and me. Over the years we have been blessed with many fantastic godchildren, nieces, and nephews. Neighbors have always included us in their children’s lives and experiences.

What was wrong with me that so many people had my dream and not me? I was able to excel in business, and I had a wonderful family and friends. I fought my feelings and had a daily mental game going with myself. I just wasn’t able to find the missing piece in my life.

Then, in December of 2005, at a business seminar, I was exposed to the Law of Attraction and learned to focus on what to be grateful for. It became easy to realize that my dream had come true and was always there. By going with the flow and not fighting with myself anymore, my thoughts changed. We have beautiful godchildren, many of our friends’ children share their lives with us, and we have fantastic neighborhood children as well. My volunteer projects are all done with the goal to improve the life of a child each and every day.

The following May, on Mother’s Day, I received seven Mother’s Day cards from the beautiful children in my life! What happened? My thoughts changed and the pity party stopped. No longer do I think, “It’s not fair.” Instead, I recognize all that is there for me. We all have the power to affect our lives. Mom, I have found my dream! Thank you for all you gave me.

Message: It is all there for you once you allow and are open to receiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx...