Followers

Tuesday 5 April 2011

So, what are suitable subliminal messages?


Basically, these are positive affirmations aimed to bring about the changes that you desire. As already mentioned, you can choose from ready-created scripts for your subliminal messages but if you wish to create your own, researchers have found that certain guidelines must be followed when creating them in order that they work well.

Get these wrong, and your messages may fail to bring you results or, worse, create the opposite effect from what you intended.

So, here are three important guidelines to follow when creating your own scripts...

1. Use the first person 

Write "I" or "me" in all your messages, not "you", "he" or "she". You should write as if you are talking to yourself (which, of course, you are!).

2. Use the present tense 

Write "I am" rather than "I will be" or "I would be". Your subconscious operates in the present only. It doesn't understand about the past and future.

3. Be positive rather than negative 

Positive words bring about positive results. For example, rather than "I am not nervous" write "I am confident and relaxed". If you use words such as "nervous" or "shy", it reminds your subconscious of negative feelings and images associated with these words. This is unhelpful, and can even be counter-productive.

When preparing your subliminal messages, remember that you are directing them at your subconscious. In some ways this part of your mind is child-like - it responds best to simple, direct statements. If the messages generate strong, positive images as well, that's an added bonus.

Here are a few examples of good affirmations (another word for positive subliminal messages):

       I am confident
       I am good at my job
       I am a great athlete
       People's eyes light up when they see me

Here are some bad examples:

       I am not sad
       I will be more confident
       After Christmas I will give up smoking
       People don't dislike me on first meeting

I hope you can see the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx...